6-Year-Old Suspended For Quoting “I’m Sexy And I Know It”
D’Avonte Meadows is accused of sexual harassment after singing the LMFAO lyric “I’m Sexy And I Know It” to a schoolgirl. Sexual harassment. Six years old.
Maybe Sable Elementary School in Aurora, Colorado, hit the e-brake a little too hard. I mean, they do know that LMFAO was nominated for Favorite Music Group and WON Favorite Song at the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards, right? Nickelodeon? Kid’s Choice Awards? The same network that features Dora The Explorer?
Some wiki wiki wiki wiki stats on “I’m Sexy And I Know It”:
- The music video currently has over 228,024,713 views. It topped the YouTube 100, as did LMFAO’s previous single, “Party Rock Anthem”.
- Jedward and Nicolas Cage have both produced parodies of the song.
- Ricky Martin covered the song on Glee episode “The Spanish Teacher“.
- It has been used in several commercials, most notably for M&Ms Super Bowl.
- Jimmy Fallon (as Neil Young) and Bruce Springsteen (dressed as he did during the “Born in the USA” era) performed the song together on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (March 2, 2012).
- Madonna sang the song at Super Bowl XLVI with LMFAO.
- By April 2012 the YouTube video of a “Dramatic Reading” of the song, by American actor Ira David Wood III, had received over 1.1 million views.
LMFAO is everywhere and their music is difficult to hide from your kids. But do kids know what the lyrics mean? Does your child understand “Passion in my pants”? “I’m running through these hoes like Drano” isn’t exactly about repeatedly breaking gardening tools.
On the flip-side of controversy, Sophia Grace did a “Show Stopping” performance of Super Bass on Ellen and dropped “He just gotta give me that look, when he give me that look, then the panties comin’ off, off, uh” and the world f*cking LOVED it, calling it OMG SUPER CUTE <3.
After digging through the weirdly suspicious “comment-like explosion” for this Ellen video, two comments in particular caught my eye:
So apparently people can just dismiss the fact kids just don’t know what they’re saying. *facepalm*
WTF, society? Which is it?
Getting back to the story, here’s the AP getting all up in the Meadows’ house – playing the LMFAO video and making D’Avonte say “I’m Sexy And I Know It” a couple of times for the camera.
I guess it’s better than singing “Rape Me“?
Oh well, whatever, never mind.
Is LMFAO okay for kids? Tell us what you think in the comments below!